Projects per year
Dr Nitin Chitranshi has bachelor and master's degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences. He obtained his doctoral degree in Clinical Medicine and has more than 8 years of teaching and research experience. Dr Chitranshi has also been the research intern at Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, University of Geneva, Switzerland. He has more than 20 publications and presented in >30 national and international conferences. Dr Chitranshi was a visiting Scientist at Cambridge University, University of Miami and University de Murcia. Currently, his lab efforts are directed in the following key areas:
- Neuroserpin-Plasmin interaction in the retina
- Neurotrophin factor (BDNF, NT3/4/5) signalling in the retina.
- Viral vector gene delivery and gene manipulation in Rat models and GMO mice.
- Study signalling proteins affecting retinal cell survival in pathological conditions (Glaucoma, Alzheimer's, and Hypertension).
- Structural and functional changes in retina involving pERG, pSTR and OCT in rodent’s model.
- Neuroprotective molecules studies in RGCs damage.
- High IOP rodent models to study molecular effects on the retina.
- Membrane protein biology with emphasis on post-translational modifications of the caveolar proteins in glaucoma.
- Rodents model of optic neuritis with optic nerve micro-injection.
- Electrode implantation for VEPs recoding in rodents
- Immunocytochemistry, Immunoblotting, cell culture and handling GMO's.
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Gupta, V., Paulo, J. A., Gupta, V., Chitranshi, N., Godinez, A., Saks, D., Hasan, M., Amirkhani, A., McKay, M., Salekdeh, G. H., Haynes, P. A., Graham, S. L. & Mirzaei, M., Oct 2021, In: Biomolecules. 11, 10, p. 1-17 17 p., 1411.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)
Identification of novel cathepsin B inhibitors with implications in Alzheimer’s disease: computational refining and biochemical evaluationChitranshi, N., Kumar, A., Sheriff, S., Gupta, V., Godinez, A., Saks, D., Sarkar, S., Shen, T., Mirzaei, M., Basavarajappa, D., Abyadeh, M., Singh, S. K., Dua, K., Zhang, K. Y. J., Graham, S. L. & Gupta, V., 31 Jul 2021, In: Cells. 10, 8, p. 1-30 30 p., 1946.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile33 Downloads (Pure)
Inner retinal injury in experimental glaucoma is prevented upon AAV mediated Shp2 silencing in a caveolin dependent mannerAbbasi, M., Gupta, V. K., Chitranshi, N., Gupta, V., Ranjbaran, R., Rajput, R., Maha Thananthirige, K. P., KB, D., You, Y., Salekdeh, G. H., Parton, R. G., Mirzaei, M. & Graham, S. L., 2021, In: Theranostics. 11, 13, p. 6154-6172 19 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)
Gupta, V., Chitranshi, N., Gupta, V., Wu, Y., Saks, D., Vander Wall, R., Fitzhenry, M. J., Basavarajappa, D., You, Y., Salekdeh, G. H., Haynes, P. A., Graham, S. L. & Mirzaei, M., 2021, In: Expert Review of Proteomics. 18, 4, p. 295-304 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article › peer-review
Mouse model of Alzheimer's disease demonstrates differential effects of early disease pathology on various brain regionsDeng, L., Gupta, V. K., Wu, Y., Pushpitha, K., Chitranshi, N., Gupta, V. B., Fitzhenry, M. J., Moghaddam, M. Z., Karl, T., Salekdeh, G. H., Graham, S. L., Haynes, P. A. & Mirzaei, M., Apr 2021, In: Proteomics. 21, 7-8, p. 1-7 7 p., 2000213.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review
Chitranshi, Nitin (Recipient), 2018
Prize: Honorary award