Determinanten der arbeitsunfähigkeitsdauer nach arbeitsunfall: Der einfluß von verletzung, verletzten, branche, intervention und versicherungsträger

Translated title of the contribution: Determinants of time lost from workplace injuries: The impact of the injury, the injured, the industry, the intervention and the insurer

Dianna Kenny*

*Corresponding author for this work

    Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review

    19 Citations (Scopus)

    Abstract

    Data from the Work Cover Authority of New South Wales (NSW), Australia pertaining to all injured workers who had at least 1 week time lost from work due to a workplace injury or illness from the health, manufacturing and retail industries in the Newcastle and Hunter regions of New South Wales, Australia, between 1 July and 31 December 1992, were analysed via a series of multiple regression analyses, to determine the relative impacts of injury, worker and organizational factors on the amount of time lost from a workplace injury or illness. The results indicated that the injury variables accounted for 28% of the variance in amount of time lost, and worker variables contributed a further 34% bringing the total explained variance to 62%. Insurer type, employer size and referral to an accredited rehabilitation provider also contributed to the amount of time lost after controlling for both injury and worker characteristics. The roles of worker characteristics, insurer type and accredited rehabilitation providers in time lost need further investigation.

    Translated title of the contributionDeterminants of time lost from workplace injuries: The impact of the injury, the injured, the industry, the intervention and the insurer
    Original languageGerman
    Pages (from-to)333-342
    Number of pages10
    JournalInternational Journal of Rehabilitation Research
    Volume17
    Issue number4
    Publication statusPublished - 1994

    Keywords

    • Injuries
    • Outcomes
    • Rehabilitation
    • Time lost
    • Workers’ compensation

    Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Determinants of time lost from workplace injuries: The impact of the injury, the injured, the industry, the intervention and the insurer'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

    Cite this