内蒙古阿巴嘎地幔岩捕掳体与岩石圈地幔性质探讨

Translated title of the contribution: Mineral chemistry of peridotite xenoliths in Yangyuan Cenozoic basalts: significance for lithospheric mantle evolution beneath the North China Craton

Xi Chen*, Jian Ping Zheng

*Corresponding author for this work

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review

6 Citations (Scopus)

Abstract

The compositions of the minerals and peridotites, especially trace elements of clinopyroxene (Cpx) can well reflect the characteristics of the subcontinental lithospheric mantle (SCLM). Based on the petrographical study of peridotite xenoliths in Yangyuan Cenozoic basalts and chemical study of minerals, the paper mainly analyzes the LAM-ICP-MS trace element compositions of Cpx from the Yangyuan peridotitic xenoliths and discusses the nature and evolution of the Cenozoic SCLM beneath the center of the Trans-North China orogen. The SCLM beneath the Yangyuan area is heterogeneous, forming from the different partial melting of the primitive mantle: most melted less than 5% of the total, except a few among 15%-20%. The coexistence of the fertile and refractory-transitional mantle was better explained by the effects of heterogeneous erosion, transformation and replacement of asthenospheric materials on the cratonic lithosphere mantle.

Translated title of the contributionMineral chemistry of peridotite xenoliths in Yangyuan Cenozoic basalts: significance for lithospheric mantle evolution beneath the North China Craton
Original languageChinese
Pages (from-to)203-219
Number of pages17
JournalDiqiu Kexue - Zhongguo Dizhi Daxue Xuebao/Earth Science - Journal of China University of Geosciences
Volume34
Issue number1
DOIs
Publication statusPublished - Jan 2009
Externally publishedYes

Keywords

  • Asthenospheric erosion
  • Heterogeneity
  • Mantle replacement
  • Mineral chemistry
  • North China craton
  • Peridotites

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Mineral chemistry of peridotite xenoliths in Yangyuan Cenozoic basalts: significance for lithospheric mantle evolution beneath the North China Craton'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this