- assess the validity of different formative assessment tools and any evidence that their application has led to improved teaching practice and child development outcomes;
- identify the extent to which any of the effective tools have been currently employed in the NSW ECE sector;
- indicate the extent to which the observed outcomes of effective formative assessment tools align with the Early Years Learning Framework;
- indicate whether the tools have been demonstrated to be effective for students with additional needs;
- consider effective tools that can be embedded in the NSW ECE sector, including by providing information on best-practice models of delivery of professional learning and effective tools for the sector.
The scope of the study comprised two complementary components: a review of the literature on formative assessment tools used in early childhood education and care settings for children aged 3- to 5-years; and stakeholder consultations with ECE service providers and staff who are directly involved in the selection, use, and interpretation of formative assessment tools and practices.
|Place of Publication||Sydney, NSW|
|Publisher||N.S.W. Department of Education|
|Commissioning body||NSW Department of Education|
|Number of pages||115|
|Publication status||Published - Dec 2019|